Expert Squirrel Control Services in London
Grey squirrels might be cute to look at when climbing trees in the park; however, they hide some serious dangers. Squirrels carry diseases that cause significant health risks to you and your loved ones. In addition, if you’re unfortunate enough to have them nesting in your home, they will also cause substantial structural damage. Therefore, here at Integrum, we provide:
- 24/7 emergency same-day appointments for squirrel control
- BPCA and RSPH qualified squirrel removal technicians
- Humane dispatch of squirrels
- Free quotes for domestic and commercial properties
- Over 70+ years of pest control experience
- Family-run & industry-leading
So, if you’re having trouble with squirrels, you require our efficient pest control services. Contact us using the link below or message us on live chat for a free and 100% guaranteed squirrel removal quote.
Signs Of Squirrels In Your Property?
Integrum's Squirrel Control Process
We’re the best squirrel removal company in London and the South East of England. Our team of pest controllers are BPCA (British Pest Control Association) certified, with over 70+ years of industry experience. We offer humane services to rid your home of squirrels and provide proofing to ensure all rodents no longer have an entry point into your property. View our grey squirrel pest control process below:
- Contact: If you have noticed squirrels on your London property, then time is of the essence. Contact Integrum, your local squirrel control professionals, as soon as possible to minimise property damage and health risks.
- Survey: We offer free quotes for our squirrel control services. However, some cases may be more complex and require a survey to assess the infestation further. Call now on 0204 566 5522 or open our live chat to discuss your squirrel problem with our friendly team.
- Treatment: We know from experience that every case is unique, so we offer pest control services tailored to your specific problem. Using a combination of rodenticides, traps and proofing methods, we will safely remove and eradicate your squirrel infestation.
- Aftercare: Our squirrel control services include three visits to your property to ensure the problem is solved and your home is protected from a future squirrel infestation.
Signs of a Squirrel Infestation
Squirrels are known to enter properties via tiny entry points, approximately 2cm wide, particularly when the temperature drops in autumn and winter. Once a squirrel has decided to call your loft home, it can be challenging to get it to leave. Unfortunately, it can become territorial and defend its new ‘home’ with aggressive behaviours. Check out our list of signs to look out for below:
- Noise: Listen out for scratching and rustling noises in your loft during the early morning and evening when squirrels are most active.
- Droppings: As with all rodents, droppings are a telltale sign of an infestation. Keep an eye out for squirrel droppings in your loft spaces and loft insulation, as this is the most common area of the home for squirrels to nest.
- Urine: The unmistakable smell of urine is another sign that you may have a squirrel infestation on your property. Squirrels are territorial and will mark their new home with their scent.
- Gnawing marks: Squirrels are, in fact, rodents, which means they also have the ongoing need to grind down their front teeth. Look for teeth marks on wooden beams, wires, and storage boxes; this is another guaranteed sign of a rodent infestation.
Commercial Squirrel Pest Control London
Squirrels look for warmth, shelter and food when making their nests. Unfortunately, they cannot differentiate between houses and commercial businesses, so it is common to find squirrels living in commercial premises. In addition, squirrel activity and other pest issues can damage your reputation if left untreated. Therefore, Integrum offers emergency, discreet squirrel control services across London and the South East of England.
If you’ve noticed signs of squirrels on your commercial London property, please leave it to the professionals and call us today at 0204 566 5522 for a free quote.
Squirrels Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do if I catch a squirrel?
If you have successfully captured a grey squirrel alive, you must not release it. Instead, you are legally obliged to dispatch it humanely. It is against the law to free a grey squirrel back into the wild if caught as per the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 and Invasive Alien Species (Enforcement and Permitting) Order 2019, as it is not a native species to the UK.
Can I kill squirrels on my property?
The law states that it is legal to kill grey squirrels; however, you must do it humanely. Generally, most people cannot carry out the task correctly, and as per the Animal Welfare Act 2006, it is against the law to cause unnecessary suffering to an animal. As a result, there have been cases of fines for people who have attempted it and failed to do so humanely. Therefore, if you have seen signs of squirrels on your property, protect yourself and leave it to the professionals.
What can I do about red squirrels on my property?
It is unlikely that a red squirrel is causing you problems, as they are an endangered species. Red squirrels are protected under the UK Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. As a result, it is an offence to kill, injure, or capture a red squirrel under the Nature Conservation Act 2004.
How much should squirrel removal cost?
All our domestic squirrel pest control and removal services in London cost as little as £270, including VAT, and take approximately three visits.
Can pest control get rid of squirrels?
Yes, grey squirrels should be removed from your premises by a professional pest control company. These rodents have been known to bite and scratch when untrained professionals use DIY traps and solutions. Furthermore, we must make you aware that it is illegal to release grey squirrels back into the wild once caught. On the contrary, if your issue is with a red squirrel, pest control can help, but you must release red squirrels back into the wild.
How can I tell if I have rats or squirrels in my loft?
Many of the rat issues we visit are, in fact, squirrels. It is common to get the two rodents confused as the signs indicating their presence are very similar. Rats are nocturnal, and most activity will be heard at night; however, squirrels are active during the day. If in doubt, it is always best to get the opinion of a pest control expert. Through years of experience, we can differentiate between the two pests instantly. Book your survey today with Integrum by calling 0204 566 5522.