Professional Bird Dropping Removals
Bird droppings quickly build up, developing into a serious health risk and causing structural damage to buildings. As well as this they also look hideous and can sometimes smell. It’s vital to clean up bird droppings to avoid any harm, uphold your legal responsibilities and protect your reputation.
Integrum offers specialised bird dropping removal services across all London boroughs and the South East of England. So, whether it’s a small domestic household or a large commercial business you can feel safe knowing we have got you covered. We are proud to offer the following:
- Bird Dropping Removal
- Pigeon Dropping Removal
- Specialist Cleaning Services
- Experienced technicians who hold an Upper-Tier Waste License
- Free quotes with no obligations
We can help you protect your loved ones, staff or customers using our professional-grade cleaning equipment and waste removal services. Don’t delay, contact your local technicians today.
Contact Us for a Free Bird Dropping Removal Quote Today
Bird Dropping Removal & Cleaning Services
Bird droppings, often referred to as guano, are everywhere. It’s unavoidable in densely populated cities like London; however, it can quickly get out of hand and become a hazard to both people’s health and the building in question.
Most birds, especially pigeons, continue to roost in the same place day after day. Unfortunately, this means that a high volume of bird droppings are deposited in the same area over time, with roofs, ledges and windows being the typical locations.
The Dangers of Bird Droppings
Not only are they an eyesore across windows and buildings everywhere, but bird guano is actually a very dangerous substance that causes many risks. For example, failure to clear up droppings on or around your property can lead to the following:
- Health hazards that can cause a number of potentially life-threatening diseases.
- Risk of slipping on droppings on the ground leading to legal fees and injuries.
- Bird droppings are acidic and are strong enough to melt through building materials over time, leading to structural damage.
- Contamination of air particles can lead to air conditioning and heating systems problems.
- Blockage of gutters and drains leading to potential flooding or leaks.
- A detrimental effect on your business’ reputation and a potential loss of income.
- Closure of your business by Environmental Health Officers due to danger to public safety.
Bird Droppings & Diseases
Bird droppings contain bacteria and parasites that can cause real problems for the unfortunate people that come into contact with them. Therefore, if you have pigeon droppings or bird waste on your property, you should be aware of the following:
- Listeria – this bacterium is a rather lethal one that can cause an illness known as listeriosis that can be fatal. Pregnant women are particularly at risk of Listeria, as it can cause meningoencephalitis, a condition affecting unborn children that kills 1 in 2 affected.
- Salmonella – this bacteria, often carried by pigeons, causes vomiting, diarrhoea, and stomach cramps and can be life-threatening for those with a weakened immune system.
- Cryptococcosis – a type of fungus commonly found in bird guano and spread via the inhalation of contaminated dust, leading to lung diseases and damage to the central nervous system.
- E. coli – this bacterium is commonly found in the droppings of pigeons. If ingested, it can lead to severe stomach cramps, vomiting, and diarrhoea and depending on the person, it may develop into a fatal intestinal illness.
- Campylobacter jejuni – one of the most common causes of food poisoning, this bacterium is commonly found in bird droppings around the country. If left untreated this bacteria causes gastroenteritis, an illness that can be fatal depending on the circumstances.
- Histoplasmosis – a fungal disease commonly carried by pigeons, starlings and seagulls. For most, inhalation of these fungal spores leads to flu-like symptoms; however, it can develop into lung infections and conditions in those with weakened immunity.
Discover more information about the Diseases Pigeons Carry in our article.
It’s clear to see that bird droppings are much more dangerous than most people first assume. While it might be tempting to clean them up yourself, it’s not worth the risk of catching a deadly disease. So instead, you should leave it to us, the professionals who have access to the necessary PPE, experience in bird dropping removals and specialised equipment to get the job done correctly.
We offer bird dropping removal services and specialist cleaning for homes and businesses across London. Take a look at our most recent guano removal services below, or contact us on 0208 914 7894 to speak to our friendly team.
Guano Removal at British Airways
Pesky pigeons had found their way into the hangers at British Airways and decided to make it a home. We were called to remove the pigeons nesting in the hangers and terminals before commencing a deep clean and removing all signs of bird droppings. We then also employed bird proofing measures to prevent the problem from arising in the future.
Pigeon Dropping Removal, N1
Our team of professionals were called to a location with an unfortunate space on their roof that was perfect for pigeons to roost in. Unfortunately, these pigeons had been there a while, as was evident by the build-up of guano. Following an initial survey and risk assessment, our technicians were able to swiftly remove the droppings and get the roof looking brand new again, leaving this family home safe from the threat of pigeon-related diseases.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get rid of bird droppings?
At Integrum, our technicians hold an upper-tier waste license, allowing them to dispose safely of potentially hazardous materials such as bird droppings. If necessary, we can provide you with waste notes to show precisely where the droppings have been disposed.
Are bird droppings hazardous waste?
The Environment Agency recently confirmed that bird droppings are not technically classed as hazardous waste. They should be disposed of as commercial waste.
Which diseases can you catch from bird droppings?
There are several diseases you can catch from bird droppings, including Salmonella, E. coli, Campylobacter jejuni, Listeria, Cryptococcosis, and Histoplasmosis. Unfortunately, a number of these are life-threatening if left untreated.